- Accept your offer of admission.
- Bookmark this site. We'll be sharing regular updates here.
- RSVP to attend an Admitted Student Reception near you.
- Join the Class of 2023 Facebook Group and follow Stanford on Twitter and Instagram. Please allow several days for your Facebook request to be processed.
- Final year grades are due on or before July 1, 2019.
- All enrolling students who are neither U.S. citizens nor legal permanent residents must submit a Declaration of Finances form. Stanford will not issue the documents required to secure a visa and enter the U.S. until Stanford receives and processes this form. Check the Bechtel International Center (I-Center) website for more details.
- Create a SUNet ID. Your SUNet ID allows you to establish your Stanford email address and to review updated financial aid information.
- Any changes to your email or street address? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us of the change. Include your full name, date of birth, and current school in the email.
How to Accept Your Offer of Admission
We've done our homework and are convinced that you would thrive here. You have until May 1 to decide, but if you already know you're Stanford-bound, take these steps:
To confirm your enrollment, follow the instructions below and accept your admission offer. Please respond on or before May 1.
- Log in to your Application Status Page.
- Click on the Stanford Admission Response form.
- To accept your admission offer, select the appropriate option and submit the $200 non-refundable enrollment deposit.
- Select Request Fee Waiver if paying the deposit is a financial hardship. We will not be able to consider
a fee waiver request if you have not applied for need-based financial aid from Stanford.
- If you wish to decline your admission offer, select the appropriate option and enter the requested information.
Deferring Your Enrollment
If you plan to attend Stanford but wish to request a deferral of your enrollment, use the Stanford Admission Response form and follow the instructions below.
Select the defer enrollment option.
Enter the requested reason for deferral.
Submit the required non-refundable deposit of $200 or request a fee waiver.
An admission officer will review your deferral request and provide further instructions.
If your request is approved:
You may not enroll in a degree program at another college or university during your deferment year.
You will be required to sign and abide by the terms of a deferment agreement.
We are confident you will complete your final year with the same level of excellence presented in your application. However, Stanford reserves the right to withdraw your offer of admission if:
you show a significant drop in academic performance or fail to graduate;
there has been a misrepresentation in the application process;
we learn that you have engaged in behavior prior to the first day of enrolled attendance that indicates
a serious lack of judgment or integrity;
you alter your class/course schedule without prior approval from the Office of Undergraduate Admission; or
you are holding a place, past May 1, in the freshman class of a college other than Stanford.
Mark Your Calendar—Important Dates
- NOW - RSVP for an Admitted Student Reception near you.
- NOW - RSVP for Admit Weekend on campus.
- February 15, 2019 – Midyear grades due for REA admits.
- May 1, 2019 – Deadline to Enroll. Update your current mailing address in Axess for your Approaching Stanford mailing.
- May 8, 2019 – Approaching Stanford begins, required for all new students. Check your Stanford email account for important information about your Approaching Stanford mailing and required online forms. The mailing will contain information about first year courses, housing, health insurance, and orientation.
- June 7, 2019 – Required Approaching Stanford online forms due, including application for first-year housing.
- July 1, 2019 – Official final transcripts due.
- August 1, 2019 – First-year course information emails sent.
- Mid-August – Academic advising & enrollment information, housing assignment information, first-year student survey, and required online education courses (alcohol education and healthy relationships & consent education) emails sent.
- Late August – University Billing email sent. Deadline to pay your first bill is September 15.
- September 1, 2019 – Move-In Day information email sent.
- September 15, 2019 – International Student Orientation for non-US Citizens or non-Permanent Residents. Required.
- September 18–22, 2019 – Move-In Day and New Student Orientation! New Student Orientation (NSO) is required and all new students must be checked in at their residence by 5:00 p.m. on September 18, 2019, and participate in the full duration of NSO.