As a recipient of a Stanford Travel Grant, you are eligible for funding to assist you in your travel to Admit Weekend. Please read below to understand what the grant covers and how to book your travel and lodging. If you have any questions about travel grant support or travel policies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to use your Travel Grant, you must book your flights to/from the Bay Area through our approved booking agency, AmTrav. AmTrav knows you are a Stanford Travel Grant recipient as well as your travel grant award amount. AmTrav will bill Stanford directly for the cost of air travel, up to the amount you have been awarded. Their travel agents are ready to help you with your travel needs.
To book your travel, please complete the Stanford travel request form, where you will be asked to provide the following:
- The exact full spelling of your name as it appears on a government-issued photo ID with which you will be traveling, such as driver’s license or passport. If your photo ID has your full middle name or initial, please list it. Airport Security (TSA) requires an exact spelling match between your government-issued picture ID and your airline ticket.
- The dates of your travel. The travel grant only covers admitted student airfare expenses for travel to Admit Weekend, and travel must take place between April 27 – April 29. We recommend targeting arrival between 12:00 – 8:00 p.m. Pacific on Thursday and departure mid-afternoon on Saturday.
- Your contact information, e-mail address, cell phone number
- An emergency contact number
- Your departure and arrival airports. You should be flying from your home location or school location, whichever is most applicable. If you need to fly from or to an alternate location, please email email@example.com for approval before booking your travel.
Parents, guardians, relatives or guests are not covered by Travel Grant funds. For a fee, AmTrav can arrange travel for others in your party separately and provide a consolidated itinerary.
Airport parking, baggage fees, airline meals, early check-in, wifi, and extra legroom are not covered by travel grant funds.
All airfare bookings are final. Once travel arrangements are confirmed, any changes that result in additional fees will be the responsibility of the traveler. This includes rebooking fees and airline change fees.
All changes or cancellations must be made through AmTrav.
Stanford will cover the cost of ground transportation, via a ride sharing service, for you and your parent/guardian in the same car from and to your Bay Area airport upon arrival and departure, respectively. You will receive voucher information for this travel in April and upon completion of both Admit Weekend registration and airfare booking.
Rental cars, parking, and other ground transportation, both in the Bay Area and in your home city, are not covered.
We will provide all admitted students with lodging in Stanford dorms on the night of Friday, April 28. As a Travel Grant recipient, you are also eligible for lodging on-campus the night of Thursday, April 27. After you have registered for Admit Weekend, you may complete this form to request Thursday night lodging. This form must be submitted by Sunday, April 16 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.
- Guests of admitted students are not provided with lodging. If you plan to stay beyond April 27 and 28, or you are bringing a guest to Admit Weekend, please make your own lodging plans for those nights.
- Be aware that a typical nightly rate for lodging options around Stanford is more than $200 per night. We have negotiated room block rates at the hotels below, but space is limited, so we recommend booking ASAP.
- We have a limited number of rooms at this rate, and they are intended for our Travel Grant recipients only. Please do not share these booking instructions with other Admit Weekend attendees.
No matter where you stay during Admit Weekend, Travel Grant recipients and their guests are invited to use our free shuttles, which will run on Friday and Saturday between campus, Crowne Plaza Cabaña Hotel Palo Alto (4290 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306), and the Creekside Inn (3400 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306).
Crowne Plaza Cabaña Hotel Palo Alto | $189/night
- To make a reservation between Thursday, April 27 and Saturday, April 29 with a special rate for Travel Grant recipients and their guests, click here. To receive this rate, you must book by Monday, April 17.
- You may also call 888-565-6158 or book on Crowne Plaza Palo Alto’s website with the code ADM.