In order to use our travel grant funds, you must book your flights to/from the Bay Area through our approved booking agency, AmTrav. AmTrav knows you are a Stanford Travel Grant recipient as well as your travel grant award amount. AmTrav will bill Stanford directly for the cost of air travel, up to the amount you have been awarded. Their travel agents are ready to help you with your travel needs.
To book your travel, please complete the Stanford travel request form, where you will be asked to provide the following:
- The exact full spelling of your name as it appears on a government-issued photo ID with which you will be traveling, such as driver’s license or passport. If your photo ID has your full middle name or initial, please list it. Airport Security (TSA) requires an exact spelling match between your government-issued picture ID and your airline ticket.
- The dates of your travel. The travel grant only covers admitted student airfare expenses for travel to Admit Weekend, and travel must take place between April 28 – April 30. We recommend targeting arrival between 2:00 – 8:00 p.m. PDT on Thursday and departure early-to-mid afternoon on Saturday.
- Your contact information, e-mail address, cell phone number
- An emergency contact number
- Your departure and arrival airports. You should be flying from your home location or school location, whichever is most applicable. If you need to fly from or to an alternate location, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for approval before booking your travel.
Parents and siblings are not covered by this grant, but AmTrav can arrange travel for others in your party separately and provide a consolidated itinerary.
Airport parking, baggage fees, airline meals, early check-in, wifi, and extra legroom are not covered by travel grant funds.
All airfare bookings are final. Once travel arrangements are confirmed, any changes that result in additional fees will be the responsibility of the traveler. This includes rebooking fees and airline change fees.
All changes or cancellations must be made through AmTrav.