A SUNet ID and password allow you to:
- Access updates to your financial aid information if applicable (axess.stanford.edu)
- Establish your Stanford email address
SUNet ID and password instructions:
- Locate the Stanford University ID number at the top of your admission letter.
- Go to accounts.stanford.edu.
- Click Create a new SUNet ID.
- Select the first option (I have a University ID) and enter the requested information.
- Once chosen, your SUNet ID cannot be changed. Choose wisely because it becomes your permanent Stanford email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For security reasons, there is a 24-hour delay before you will be able to log in to Stanford University websites. You will only gain email access after choosing to enroll at Stanford. There may be a 72-hour delay to log in to your email after paying your enrollment deposit or receiving a deposit waiver.
- Email email@example.com with questions or technical issues.
Your SUNet ID and password are required each time you use Axess and other University business applications. For your personal information to remain secure, it is vitally important that you not share your SUNet ID and password with anyone. It is a violation of University policy to misrepresent yourself in any way, and you may lose student privileges or be subject to disciplinary action if you use another student’s SUNet ID or if you deliberately enter false information in Axess. Any misuse of your SUNet ID, Axess, or any other Stanford services prior to your enrollment in the fall is grounds for rescinding your offer of admission.